Michael Trout and Mary Koloroutis
Available on the following platforms: iTunes | Apple Music | Spotify
Written and Produced by Michael Trout, See Me as a Person provides a diverse mix of patient stories and caregiver reflections on therapeutic relationships. Inspired by the award winning book See Me as a Person: Creating Therapeutic Relationships with Patients and Their Families, each track is carefully crafted to inspire and deepen our experience of what it means to be fully present for those we care for.
We recognize that conditions do not always support our best selves and our best efforts. We offer these meditations especially for those difficult times. Your work, whether it happens to take place in a hospital, a clinic, a homeless shelter, a long term care facility, a private practice, a public health outreach program or in a home health program takes courage and a fierce commitment to holding the human connection center to all you do. May this offering be, in some small way, a source of encouragement, strength and affirmation for you and your extraordinary commitment to caring.
Compact Disc, 11 tracks, 64 minutes. (2011) Includes a 36 page full color booklet with lyrics and track information.
- HER NAME WAS RUTH (7:24) - Reader, Mary Koloroutis
- JUST TWO WORDS (6:58) - Reader, Marcus Engel, from a personal story
- MELTDOWN ON 4-C (8:16) - Reader, Michael Trout
- BERNIE (5:04) - Reader, Roger Francisco
- SHE COLORED IN MY COLORING BOOK ( 5:31) - Reader, Marie Manthey, from a personal story
- I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A CAREGIVER (6:13) - Reader, Mary Koloroutis
- THEY TOLD ME TO MOVE ON (4:45 ) - Reader, Michael Trout, from a personal story by Dr. Gary Saltus
- USE YOUR EYES HE SAID (7:28) - Reader, Eleanor O Sullivan, from a personal story
- SO I GET TIRED, AND I FORGET (5:04) - Reader, Michael Trout
- MY CAREGIVING STANCE FOR TODAY (3:47) - Reader, Mary Koloroutis
Watch the See Me as a Person CD Introduction here.
Now available on iTunes | Apple Music | Spotify